Please contact me via yisha_liu_1992@yahoo.com

Thursday 7 August 2014

Final design

In doing this assignment, I found that I've learned a lot throughout this process. The first thing that comes up in my mind is the basic elements of how to structure fonts. With some preknowledge of fonts design, I did know how to keep all the letters consistently in a way to make them look like they come from the same set of alphabet. But this has always been hard when I actually did it, because I was thinking that in order to do so, I had to keep checking the previous letters I've made so to achieve this result. And I found my way to fulfil this requirement. To learn how to keep the letters symmetrical is another major point in design. The easier task to do is to make both sides, for example, letter 'A' to be equally structured with same shape, length or thickness of lines and all. I double checked each and every time after I finished constructing one letter, so to ensure they look balanced. Lastly the poster is comparatively simpler. The digital version is much easier to handle since I could use variety of tools to beautify the shapes and lastly, put them together. However, the most difficult part is that to achieve the smooth edge of each letter, it was quite time consuming doing that. I tried to make the poster closely relate to the theme of the title- droplet by adding the blue gradient to the background as a pool of water, and the circles with different colour range to highlight the waves droplets make...

No comments:

Post a Comment