Please contact me via yisha_liu_1992@yahoo.com

Thursday 4 September 2014

Final postcards design overview



Mind map - Feelings (Hope, peace, love, purity)


I have selected all the components to ideally represent my core concept in this design. As the theme is feelings, I needed to consider the composition I used to illustrate this well. Taken the first postcard as an example, I use large amount of blue to represent the sub-theme of 'hope', also to place the letters 'O' and 'Y' in the middle, is to form a person as if he/she is stretching arms to embrace freedom. The highlight of the letters by using the complementary colours in 4 postcards is in order for viewers to distinguish the abstract shapes of the letters mixed. Colours are essential to be using to relate back to my chosen theme, hence, I carefully selected each set of colours, including the 'white' colour to make my design seem more dynamic. Talking about the saturation values, the two dominative colours such as dark green and red/pink-ish colours in the second postcard, are needed to be highly saturated, whereas the supportive colour, grass green is tint with 30 to 40% of saturation. This is regarding to the colour contrast theory which the darker colour in the background is strongly contrasted with the brighter foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment